Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Review: Revlon Photoready Cream Blush - Flushed

A few weeks ago I was just watching a bunch of Youtube videos and then came across a review featuring this Revlon Cream Blush.  The color I picked up was "Flushed" and it is a hot pink with blue undertones.  There are three blushes from this line in total and the other two are Pinched (peachy/neutral) and Coral Reef (bright coral).  Also, they all have a cream to powder finish.




Now for the review...

What I noticed when I first started to apply this blush, is that there is no form of shimmer or sheen to it, which is something I typically go for.  With this being my first time trying any cream blush, that was something I didn't mind too much.  The product goes on very easily, and, in my opinion, works best when applied with fingers.  Considering I have a darker skin tone, the blush does not show up against my skin with just one swipe.  I have to use up to four swipes to get a "flushed" look.  Once that look is achieved it looks absolutely gorgeous!  Though this is a cream to powder product, I do recommend setting it with either a blush in a similar color or a translucent powder.  As for how long the blush lasts, I think once it's set with a powder it should last at least 5-7 hours.



As for cost, I purchased this from Shoppers Drug Mart for $17.99 CAD.  I know that it was a crazy expensive price, but my Walmart still doesn't have it.  Though I had to settle for the price, it's a good thing that I like the product or that would have been unfortunate.




Overall, I really do like this product, but since it is pricey, I don't plan on picking up another one.



Have you tried any of Revlon's new cream blushes?  If so, what do you think of them?  Also, are there any other brands that carry cream blushes that you really like?

xoxo,

Lilian

No comments:

Post a Comment